Project 3: Bouncing Ball – Due: 3/24/22

This week, we were tasked with creating an animation of a bouncing ball. I chose to take the path of the tutorial and make three changes to the original version. Here’s what the original version of the animation looks like:

Tutorial Bouncing Ball
https://youtu.be/6updL_IpEwU

Absolutely riveting…From there, I decided to add in my own custom changes to the tutorial. I ended up adding a spring activated by a button that bursts forward and pushes the ball straight into the cup. So my three changes are add a spring with a “spring forward” movement, a big red button that moves to make it look like it is being pressed, and the creation of the cup for the ball to fling into and the different textures found on the different objects. I wish I had more time to play around with this project because we were given a lot of creative freedom and the chance to do a lot with this. Here is the video showing the changes I made to the tutorial:

Bouncing Ball Changes
https://youtu.be/ASyTvtVkhzw
Final Project Animation

After quite a bit of rendering an playing around with Maya, we finally got the final animation to come together. Part of the reason it took so long was because of the problems we were having with rendering. Arnold rendering was not working on Sofia’s computer, and then we started to see the watermark when I tarted to render. We realized that Arnold recently decided to require a license to render without a watermark. And all this was after we got Maya to stop crashing when trying to render. The project was filled with issues and some of the videos were not the quality we wanted, but I still think the animation looks nice, and flows somewhat coherently.